Friday 15 May 2015

Wish to be a Better Blogger


A couple of this weeks RAW Journal Pages.
The bottom is one I just finished in my outdoor studio. I'm feeling very philosophical this evening and like I'm searching for something. If I find out what it is, I'll let you know. For now though this ramble is going to be a kind of weekly sum up, as apart from a couple of random pages such as above I haven't done much art this week due to being under the weather. 

The said under the weatherness prevented me doing a tutorial I reeeeeeeally had my heart set on doing for the Art Swap Group on Journal Workshops. Fortunately however I felt well enough yesterday to be able to still do some sort of video, so I'll post it for you here in case you haven't signed up to the Art Swap yet and might want to - I think you should, you'll enjoy it =)


If you'd like to join in this months Swap click here, or on the image below:


A couple of days ago I also posted a Facebook Giveaway to win free access to four of my classes, you can enter yourself by clicking on the image below:

A book was delivered today, that I'm in...or at least my art is. I like hundreds of other awesome artists have had work published in Dawn Devries Sokol's new book:
A World of Artist Journal Pages

here's my art journal pages (sorry for the bad pics - it's a mobile only post today apparently lol):

On receiving it I felt quite bad, as I've been feeling a terrible pull lately to post more on my blog. Especially when I think back to when I made these pages in the book (they're probably over two years old now) & how much I used to blog, and be part of a blogging community - joining in blog hops/linky lists and such (for instance I know there's like a million that happen on a friday that despite doing a Weekly Ramble blogpost every friday I just don't link up with....so perhaps this week for the first time in a few years I'll link with Paint Party Friday & Art Journal Every Day to dip my toes into the waters again). I suppose that's what happens when you create an online community, you then lose access to others when you realise that just because you've added more to your days the cosmos still sticks to a solid 24hr regime. But no repining, Journal Workshops is my biggest online achievement & perhaps a biggest one in general & I would not change it for the world. I shall just resolve to do better at blogging!

Thank you (once again) for reading my rambings, 
much love

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, the book looks fabulous! Hope you're feeling on top of the weather soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the video. What a brilliant idea and you are so right it could go 1Million+ ways. Thank you for the inspiration! And congrats on being included in the book with your lovely art journal pages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be a better blogger, too. It's great to see you here. Congrats on being in the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. <3 <3 <3 loveloveLOVE this jenny!!! mmwah! AND congrats on being in dawn's book! hugs ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video. The books looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hardly blog anymore either, guilt is a totally wasted emotion just do what you can, when you can. As far as I can see you share so much already. You are doing great and are a great source of inspiration. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome book and wonderful video!! I used to blog daily now it's weekly don't every worry about it... like Anna says guilt is a totally wasted emotion...just do it, or don't...

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great video. The books looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats... the book looks so interesting, and your pages look great. So proud of you. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab creations AND inspirations ~ for you AND all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very sad can't play the video from this country it seems... but just ADORE your stuff and will be stalking your blog :) I'm a new subscriber and only started about 2 months ago journaling and into mixed media! I'm now totally hooked!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...