Tuesday 17 February 2015

Tell All Tuesday ~ Featured Artist: Consie Sindet

Hello beautiful creative being you, 
Welcome to today's Tell All Tuesday Artist Interview
I hope you enjoy this interview

Tell us a little bit about yourself & what kind of artist you are. 
My name is Consie Sindet and I live in Hunterdon County, NJ, USA. I have been married for over 17 years to my husband, Lee. What kind of artist I am has changed over the years! I’ve painted for a long time and sold craft items for about 12 years. I’ve also taught decorative painting and painted murals in both homes and businesses. I currently spend a huge amount of the summer as a face and body painter and apply henna at fairs. My newest love is the world of mixed media and art journaling. I got my first sewing machine last year and have been painting large pieces of canvas to sew into purses and other items. I just like to try everything!


What is the biggest challenge you personally face as an artist and how do you overcome it?
Trying to make a living as an artist is my current struggle. When I was teaching, doing craft shows and painting murals, I worked full time. But with the downfall of the economy, that wasn’t an option any longer. Art is now pretty part-time for me but this year I am embracing that it might not be time to be selling art but just creating art for art’s sake. I want to enjoy the process and not get so caught up in trying to find something to sell! I feel like I am reinventing who I am as an artist and I need time for that to develop in order to make money at it. It will come in time.


What is your greatest personal achievement either in your art, or because of it?
I think the achievement I’m most proud of is what my students accomplished in their art as a result of what I taught them. Some sold at craft shows, some went on to teach others. I loved making a difference in their lives. I would like to teach again but have to find a different way of doing it now that my art has changed from what I use to teach. I know what art has done for me. I would love to bring that to others.


What is your heart’s greatest desire for your life as an artist?
This question goes back to teaching and finding my way back to that. I got burnt out after 10 years and so I need to find a new way to help others find there way with art without losing me. My greatest desire would be to have my art mean something and also give me a paycheck! I’ll just have faith that that is the path I’m on and keep reaching for it!


Tell us where can we find out more about you & your art? 
I have a blog where you can find out about my creative journey, and a website for the face and body painting. I am very active on Instagram and you can also find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Etsy and Society6.

Thanks for sharing Consie I really enjoyed your art & hearing your story. I've been hearing lately from a few artists who are wanting to create meaningful art that too brings them a paycheck and I have to say there is one common thread I have noticed - faith and determination, which makes me believe you will succeed. Wishing you all the best with your creative endeavors.

Email me or click the link to find all the details here =)
Much love
Jennibellie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Connie for sharing. Hang in there. Doing it for yourself is the right way to go. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Paula! And thanks so much Jenni for having me share with your readers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...